What is Synesthesia:
Synesthesia is a neurological condition in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway. Basically your senses are crossed.
Types I Have
- Spacial Sequence of Time
- Spacial sequence of Numbers
- Spacial sequence of Letter
- Weak, Sound>color
- Colored and Non-colored Auras
- This is a weird one. I am going to try and explain it the best I can. When I see people and hear their voice my mind builds a profile of them (It has nothing to do with my opinion of them, I have no control over this), it includes if they are biological parent, the gender of there child or children. There intentions the person has toward me. If they are a innocent person or not like as in if they are a good person overall or just wearing a front, and if they had some like tough past I can see that too.
Synesthesia Related Stuff!
- Odd form of memory: I remember things in a weird way, and I remember things other people don’t remember.
- Dyslexia: I think it’s related to synesthesia.
- ADHD: I know this is related because synesthesia is in the autism spectrum and so is ADHD and Aspergers Syndrome.
- Aspergers Syndrome.
How I Found Out:
I had a friend who has a friend who is a synesthete. She told me her friend had Music>color and called it synesthesia and then months later said synesthesia to me again and not wanting to have her think I forgot what that was I quickly googled it and thats when I learned I had Grapheme>color. This was in November 2012. Slowly as I have researched the types more I have realized what ones I have.
I am always available for questions and I love to answer them!